Our Rental Application Process
Each adult (age 18 and older) who intends to occupy the property, needs to submit an application and qualify individually based upon our company criteria.
Please thoroughly read this document before you apply, as the APPLICATION fee of $50 per applicant, is NON-REFUNDABLE. Our rental application includes a credit check (a FICO score is pulled, but is not used to determine application approval), criminal background check, civil records check, an eviction history check, a check against the National Renter Database through Experian, a check against the Sex Offender Registry, a check against the OFAC/terrorist database, information regarding current and previous rental histories, and verification of income/employment.
Information used in the application screening process is obtained from the following consumer reporting agency: AppFolio, Inc.: 55 Castilian Dr. Santa Barbara, CA 93117 – 1-866-648-1536.
Credit history is provided by AppFolio, using a credit report obtained through: Experian: PO Box 2104 Allen, TX 75013 – 1-888-397-3742.
Applicants may obtain a free copy of the consumer report in the event of a denial or other adverse action and have the right to dispute the accuracy of information appearing in such consumer report.
Completed applications are processed on a “first come/first serve” basis in the order received with fee paid. A completed application means, all occupants, age of 18 and older, have submitted all required documentation, including, but not limited to, income documents listed below to verify your income and you have toured the inside of the property.
INCOMPLETE applications will NOT be processed or held in line over completed applications. The next completed application in line will not be processed until the first application has been denied or rescinded.
- Any falsified statements or false information
- Furnishing of false rental references
- If applicant lacks both credit history and rental history
If you need to submit additional documents, please email them to info@PropertiesWest360.com.
It is your responsibility to follow up with Properties West 360 and make sure we have all of the information required to process your application.
1) To Qualify:
- a) Landlord/Mortgage Reference:
You will need 1 year of recent (within the last 3 years) landlord or mortgage history. References, both present and past, must be stable & documented with a third independent party (non-family member).
- b) Employment/Income:
You will be required to provide documentation of permanent, stable, and continuous income. The list of required documents is listed below. Co-signers are not accepted and only the income of persons who intend to be identified as Tenants will be calculated to meet the income requirement.
- c) Income Level:
Your income level must be three (3) times, the rent amount, which is based upon the amount of rent for each property. Each applicant must show enough income to pay rent, utilities, and their existing debt. Roommates or immediate family members who have lived together for 1 year can combine incomes to qualify; roommates who have not lived together for 1 year must each verify income two and half times the rent. When filling in your income on the application, please only submit your personal income. Do not add all applicants income together.
- d) Credit/Criminal:
Each application is evaluated on the basis of a credit/criminal background check. Reasons for denial may include but not limited to poor credit history; debt owed to a property management company, landlord and utilities; open bankruptcy; bankruptcy without discharge papers; recent bankruptcy without positive credit history established thereafter; inadequate landlord history; eviction on record less than 5 years ago; pending lawsuit; pending criminal charges; history or criminal record indicating such tenancy may constitute a threat to the health or safety of others, the property, community or property of others and will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
2) Each applicant needs to submit a copy of current picture ID (driver’s license, etc.) and proof of income per the list below. We will need the date you started your job as well. No application will be processed without these documents and you may lose your place in line for an incomplete application.
3) Only for the purposes of knowing the number of individuals that will be living in the home, we will need to know about those under the age of 18.
4) Pet policies vary per property and pets are accepted only on a case by case basis (see pet information form of this application). The ad for the property will say if pets are allowed. All service animals that will be present in the rental property must be disclosed at the time the application is made.
5) Applications need to be submitted completely, truthfully, and signed by the applicant. Your application can be delayed and/or denied if incomplete or inaccurate data is submitted and if your references fail to respond in a timely manner. Property requirements of lease terms/deposits/fee may be subject to change prior to tenancy and will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
As applicant, I acknowledge I have read and understand the rental requirements prior to submitting my application for tenancy.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO VERIFY INCOME
** All applicants must provide a valid copy of their Driver’s License or Photo ID **
Please Choose from The Following Options
Employed Applicants that do not own the business – Receive a W2
- Last 3 full months of pay stubs and current month’s pay stub(s) (example if applying in June, we need March, April, May and current ones for June pay stubs). A screenshot of your deposit will not be accepted.
Business Owner/Self Employed and/or Receive a 1099 (send all documentation you can provide and an explanation of what you can’t provide:
- Last 6 months of complete bank statements
- Last 2 years of tax returns
- Profit & Loss Report for the current year
- Business License
- Balance Sheet
- If Incorporated – All of the above documents plus balance sheet and the last 3 months of pay stubs. If you don’t have that yet, then W2 for prior year
- If an LLC or Partnership – Items 1-4, a balance sheet and your most recent K1.
Retired/Social Security Applicants
- Copy of pension letter and last 3 months of bank statements
- Copy of Social Security Letter stating current years monthly amount and last 3 months of bank statements
- Last 3 months of complete bank statements showing a balance that is equal to or more than the equation in #2.
- Available applicant funds must total 9 times income requirements. (Example: $1350 rent X 3 = $4050 income requirements; bank funds must be 9 X $4050 = $36,450)
Applicants Using Housing Assistance
- Copy of Approval Letter from a Housing Assistance Agency showing your approved voucher amount and your share of rent of to pay.